Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Day 24: Family






Christmas 2014


Feeling especially thankful for my family right now. Even though there are some moments when I question why God threw us all together, the moments when I do understand why outweigh all the rest. When things get tense or frustrated or just angry, I know in my heart that my family members are the first ones who will be there to support me if I really need it. I see their wonderful qualities that make them so unique and beautiful; I know that we've been thrown some curve-balls, but by the grace of God we've gotten through it all. Some days were harder than others, and some days it felt like we were all going to fall apart and away from each other. But I know more than many things in this world that we will always be together. Our lives could've turned out very differently, possibly better or possibly worse. But we're here, and God has brought us through, and He's not finished with us yet.

I wish that my mom and my brothers could see themselves the way that I do. I know that they were all made with a purpose, even if they can't see it themselves. I know that they have qualities that they may not like, or that I may not like, but that make them who they are, and keep me on my toes with wonder and on my knees in prayer. Honestly, sometimes they get on my nerves, and I get on theirs. But I don't know what I would do without them; I don't know what we would do if we didn't have each other. We'd probably be in awfully bad shape. I know my brothers and I have never been very affectionate with each other, but when the time comes, so many things are said through their touch. I know they love me, and I love them. There's a lot more I could say, but you know my heart. We have a long story, my family does. And I'm glad God gave me you. I know I don't tell you that nearly enough.

xoxoxoxox
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment