Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 16: More Than Enough



What do you know, I woke up right at 8. I don't even have to guess anymore.

Hello everyone:)
Did a little grocery shopping this morning, and finally got some bagels! I've had this weird bagel craving the last week or two and finally broke down and bought some. No shame.

Went and helped at the Boys and Girls club for a couple hours, and let me tell you, it took me back. I haven't been in a elementary school in so long. I felt weird because I couldn't tell how old any of these kids were! The little ones were 11 and the big ones were like 6, and I felt really awkward in my head, like "is that what I really looked like in 5th grade...?". But it was fun, and I'm definitely going to go when I have extra time. I love that you can spot the kids who crave a little extra attention, and that some of them even approach you first, and that I'm able to help them feel a little more special just by listening to them talk. It's so easy to make kids feel better about themselves just by being with them, and it makes me sad that it's so hard for many people to realize that. You don't have to do much to make them feel loved and valued. I look around at little girls all the time and just admire how beautiful they are, and love that I can see how even more beautiful they will become as they get older. And I wonder if any of the girls I see know how precious they are, and how beautiful and loved they are just because they are themselves. They are precious daughters of God, His princesses, and it breaks my heart to think that in a short time they will feel the pressure of the world to change who they are to 'fit in'; that they'll be told they aren't good enough, when really they are already more than enough. I want to show these beautiful girls that they are so, so loved and cherished, and that they are valuable and important and strong. Maybe I'll continue this topic in a later post when I have more time to collect my thoughts.

I just made some no-cheese mac and cheese for dinner, using nutritional yeast flakes (this recipe is vegan but I left out some of the stuff, like onions, and the pasta was just regular pasta). I'd never used nutritional yeast flakes before and didn't know what I was doing, but it went well. I thought it was really good- way better than I expected! But my mom thought it was nasty, so I'll make sure not to surprise anyone by making it for them for dinner. I'll definitely be having it again though.

Going back to the gym tomorrow!! I was not nearly as sore this morning as I expected, but I could feel muscles I didn't know I had;)

Merry Christmas everyone <3


No comments:

Post a Comment