Friday, December 18, 2015

Riding Solo



I'm really excited for the day when I have my own place. Now, that's not to say I'm ready to live on my own or that I'm moving out, but honestly, I am excited to build a life and home for myself in the future. Right now, I don't know if I want to live with someone else, because more often than not, the thought of getting to make everything that way I want it sounds really nice.

I'm excited to have house plants, and throw pillows, and my own plates. I'm excited to buy my own groceries, and make myself dinners, and have a cozy bedroom with white bedding and lots of blankets. I guess really I'm excited to make things my own. My home will always be where my family is, but I'm excited to have a space to be a place of warmth and comfort for friends to come and gather.

I never used to think about the periods in my life that I would spend on my own- I used to always think about the days when I'd get married and have someone to live with for my whole life, and that was all I wanted. That's still a huge desire in my heart, but now I'm looking forward to the days when I have to rely on myself (and God) and be alone for a bit. Like, I feel that living with myself is a necessary step to grow and develop, and really understand what I want and where God wants to take me in life, before I just switch homes and live with another person instead of my family. There is plenty of time to live with the man God has waiting to be my husband, so why not look forward to the time I'll get to spend with myself?

Life is an adventure, and I am so ready for it:)
Merry Christmas everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment