Sunday, December 13, 2015

Day 13: Guilt Free Pancakes



I've been hearing about Kodiak Protein Packed Pancakes for a little while now, and really wanted to give them a try. Though a little more expensive than regular pancake mix, but they're also better for you, and better quality, than your typical pancake mix. Plus, how cute is the packaging.


A serving size is the same as a plain pancake mix, with 1/2 cup of mix being able to make 3, 4" pancakes. I made two bigger pancakes because I could. Who knew that 1/2 cup of mix made so much food!? These were good sized pancakes, probably about 6 inches across, and I felt like it should've been way more than one serving. It only took me a couple minutes to eat. They are more dense than typical pancakes, so that also made it feel like I was eating more, and I'm definitely satisfied with what I had. 



Kodiak Protein Packed Pancake (and waffle) Mix has 14 grams of protein per serving versus 5 in regular pancakes. It has one gram more of fat, and 5g of fiber versus 1, but fewer carbs, and fewer sugar. Also, the ingredients list is super short with only whole wheats and grains, and the ingredients are all organic.  



If you want your breakfasts to be even remotely healthy, DO NOT put regular syrup on anything!! 1/4 cup of this^ syrup has 220 calories and 29 grams of sugar. That takes all the good out of a healthy breakfast. Instead, this morning I put a little peanut butter on my pancakes. I probably only put about a tablespoon on (half a serving), but I spread it thin over both pancakes, so it wasn't overwhelming and goopy. Super yummy!



And then I came back into my room to find that Poppy had left me her ball- is that supposed to be a hint? Haha, we'll have to wait until it stops raining.

It was a nice treat to be able to have pancakes that didn't feel like a wasted meal. They were super yummy and filling, and only took a few minutes to whip up. I would definitely recommend trying the Kodiak Protein Packed Pancake and Waffle Mix the next time you get a chance. If you do, let me know what you think!
Merry Christmas everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment