Friday, July 17, 2015

Already Loving You



There is a guy out in the world that has my whole heart.
I have loved him since I was a little girl, before I fully understood what real love is.
I've envisioned our life together. He is a part of all my dreams and plans.
He is my best friend, my safe place, my encourager. He is my favorite comedian, partner in crime, and my other half.
And I am so excited for what our future holds.

But, as I'm writing this, there is a chance I've still not met him.
That's right- this guy is most likely a total stranger. Or I might know him well. But that doesn't change the way I've always felt about him in my heart.

Whoever you are, know I'm waiting for you, excitedly anticipating your arrival in my life.

I don't know what to write that may help you understand my heart...

God created the two of us and smiled because He knew- He knew the adventures we would have together. He's waiting to give me you until the perfect time.

I really want to let you know one thing:
I'm already loving you.
I know you're out there, and you're more than I've ever dreamed. And when the time comes, you will become an amazing husband and father.

Know that I've always loved you.
I believe God has put such a strong desire for love in my heart so that I'll know it's the real-deal when our stories finally combine.
God is saving us for each other. Don't be discouraged, and don't doubt His plan. I know it's frustrating to not understand what our futures hold. But I'm not going anywhere that will be too far for you to reach me.

Finding each other will not/has not been a fast or simple journey. But I know it will be worth it.

We may not know the significance of our meeting until long after the fact. And if I'm honest, I probably won't make it easy for you to capture my heart at first. I'll conceal the strength of my feelings until I'm sure God's giving me a thumbs-up. I'll probably make you work at it and prove yourself and wait for me before I'm sure you're a safe place. But I promise that once you're in, you're in for good. You'll be my one and only, and I will do my very best to make sure you never question that fact. I will never let go of you. I will be by your side through everything, because life is an adventure I want to explore with you. Together we will work to further God's kingdom, in better ways than we could've done on our own.

I promise to be your loudest cheerleader and biggest encourager.

I will sing you love-songs during car rides.
I will make you delicious sandwiches when you're hungry, and when you're not.
I will watch sports with you, as long as you're willing to explain them to me as we go.
I will watch superhero-fighting-action-guy movies with you.
I will let you win when we arm-wrestle. Lol, you'll always win, I know that right now.
I will make sure we have plenty of blankets when it's cold so that I won't accidentally steal yours.
I will do your laundry with lots of love thrown-in for extra softness.
I will support your dreams. And help you face your fears.
I will kiss your owies.
I will pester you and bug you until we catch the giggles and can't go to sleep because everything's hilarious.
I will pray for you.
I will keep your love safe.
I will love you forever.

I pray that God will be your strength when you're discouraged or confused. That you will look to Him for guidance and comfort. That He will #1 in your life, and that I will always be #2 even if for now I'm just in your heart. I pray that you will not forget you are a Child of God, and that you will always remember that you are His.

I can't wait to meet you, whoever you are. You may even get another blog post if I think of anything to add. ;)

xoxoxo,
Katie




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Katie! He will be one very blessed man to have you!

    ReplyDelete