Saturday, November 30, 2013

Clean Sweep

"...I am working my ways in you: the divine Artist creating loveliness within your being. My main work is to clear out debris and clutter, making room for My Spirit to take full possession. Collaborate with me in this effort by being willing to let go of anything I choose to take away. I know what you need, and I have promised to provide all of that abundantly..." ~Jesus Calling, November 7. 

This devotion spoke to me very deeply on the morning that I read it. Not knowing where certain relationships were headed, I was a mess, but trying to trust God. This was a huge hint to me, that God was telling me to let go. While I was scared, this gave me a sense of peace. It was another reminder that God has a plan, and He knows exactly what He is doing. I needed to be willing for Him to take people away from me, so that I could grow closer to Him. This is still in the process of happening, so I still don't know where it's going. But I can't fight God's plan- He is protecting me. 

God will make it loud and clear when we need to get rid of or let go of relationships or things that are not positively influencing our lives. And He will do whatever it takes to get our attention- listen up. 
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment