Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sometimes God's Blessings Are In What He Takes Away...


It hurts to be rejected. It hurts to have someone you care about walk away. When you experience a loss (ie. a death, break-up etc.), it is okay to to be upset. It is okay to be hurt, and angry, and confused. I definitely am.

I've just experienced an important loss. Going through my first break-up I have never felt the awkwardness I've been going through recently. I don't want to sound like a "distraught ex-girlfriend", but the situation is harder than even the movies make it look. The past three or so weeks, I have repeatedly gone through an emotional cycle: Feeling okay and confident, mad and angry, upset and hurt. The feelings come and go so randomly, and make me feel like a mess.   I will be doing great, feeling good and confident about who I am, and then I will have a random memory and suddenly tear up.

I know God is allowing this to happen for a reason; He is protecting me from something. He has a great plan for my heart and life, that I have no idea about. But that doesn't make it hurt any less. Since this is my first time going through this, I'm still trying to figure it out. I have a lot of questions that may not ever be answered. And that's okay.

I want to be very upset and angry because of this situation, but I'm not. I'm sad for him, because he lost a good thing, and is going to have to learn a hard lesson through this. My heart is broken for him.
I am going to be okay. And really, in the grand scheme of things, I am okay. But I'm broken. God is the only thing that can put me back together; and that's what He wants. He's drawing me closer to Him through this, and preparing me for what's to come. He has someone absolutely amazing waiting for me. And I can't wait to meet him. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment