Thursday, October 31, 2013

Waiting


It's okay to be upset sometimes. It's okay to cry and question why something is happening. As long as you don't live your life like that and make it a recurring thing. Sometimes hard things have to happen to show us how blessed we really are, and to show us that we shouldn't take anything for granted. Remember: it could be worse. Things will get better- God has got everything under control.

I have to remember when things may get tough, that it will all work out, and God will give me the strength and patience I need to get through it. If it's really supposed to happen it will. I will wait. I have to remember that God is preparing me and/or protecting me from something that I know nothing about. I just have to remember that- this is happening for my good- to teach me something. I can't see it now, and may not understand it for a while, but I know that God will not give me more than I can handle. And He will give me the strength to get through it.

I don't like not knowing what's going on, or what is going to happen. I have to remind myself that there is always more to things than meets the eye. There's probably more going on than I would understand... I try to be understanding; I think that's an important quality. But being understanding doesn't mean letting people walk all over me. I think it's important for people to remember that at a certain point, they have a choice to make. Right now, I'm waiting. But if God shows me that I need to do otherwise, then that's what I'll need to do. That is hard for me to process because I don't want things to go differently; they were going great.

I need to remember that it's not all about me. I'm not the problem most of the time, even if I think I am. So I shouldn't worry. And if things are getting tough in life, you shouldn't worry either.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah  29:11 <3

2 comments:

  1. I think this is so true and often overlooked. We need to remember to be calm, becuase the calm always comes after the storm. We gots to know that even though we can't see why right now, later on we will look back and say "Oh my gawsh, that is why God didn't allow that to happen!" I love you Katie, you're beautiful. Even in that sweatshirt and jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks<3 It's so true. Hindsight is 20/20.

    ReplyDelete