Friday, October 25, 2013

Don't Try Fixing Something That's Not Broken

This quote has helped me get through many different situations. Throughout my life, I have been an over-thinker. Often times when I think through scenarios, I go too far, and end up making up something that didn't really happen, based on the questions in my heart that I need answered. Then I worry about these non-existent problems and forget that what I'm anxious about probably isn't really a problem. Over-thinking makes things worse than they really are, because you twist things up and end up getting upset about something completely unnecessary.

In one situation earlier this year, I was feeling confused and unsure about certain things. I was creating feelings that weren't true, and causing myself to feel anxious. I took a week or two for me to realize that these feelings could not be true, because God is not a God of confusion but of peace (1 Corinthians 14:33). These thoughts I was having weren't having a positive effect on me, and they definitely weren't bringing me peace. I had forgotten how blessed I was, and that what I had was great, and I had no reason to worry. These feelings of doubt were coming from Satan, and had the potential to ruin a good thing. Satan can't stand when good things happen to us; when we are given true blessings, like friends who make us better people, and love us for who we are. I realized that what I had was truly great, and didn't happen very often. Once I realized the truth and was able to recognize the lies I had been believing, I was able to feel peace; God is a god of peace.

My patience is being tested once again. I am again having to give things to God, and not worry about what I may be able to do about them. I don't need to know all the details, and I don't have to fix everything. God has a plan.

I do better not thinking about certain things at all. I have to let things deal with themselves, and run their course.

It could be worse. Don't worry <3 (Matthew 6:34).

No comments:

Post a Comment