Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sugar Lows



Well, I will be the first to tell you that while I love sleepovers. I never function well afterward, which is why I don't go to/ host sleepovers very often. This is not to say I don't want to ever be invited. I just always figure if you're going to go through a sleepover, you have to do it right, which means junk food and late-night chatting.

I am currently coming out of a functioning (barely?) sugar-coma. I think. Had a friend spend the night last night, and not only did we stay up until about 2 o'clock (which is not late compared to past sleepovers), but I ate one bowl of the mac and cheese that we had for dinner, four s'mores with nutella instead of regular chocolate, half a bag of kettle corn, four pancakes for breakfast, and a cinnamon pretzel. Because if you're gonna go, you better go hard, right? Or not because this friend o' mine only had ONE s'more and ONE pancake. Kudos for the self-control.

I'm not going to beat myself up over the fact that I pigged-out, because I made the choice and it really is part of the experience. But I do question why I let myself eat like that when I know how it makes me feel afterward. This sugar overload combined with the variance from my normal sleep routine just hits me really hard, and builds potential for becoming grumpy Katie. You can even take out the sugar part, and just change up my sleep, and my body simply doesn't react well. Which is why i don't stay up late or eat tons of junk food. Don't keep questioning it unless you want to experience the aftermath yourself.

Because I love my friends and want them to stay my friends, I believe these sleepovers are a necessary part of good bonding. Which is why I will have at least a few more this summer. It is summer after all, so who cares if you're a little tired? Ugh, I care that's who. Anyway, I'm trying not to let myself feel as full and chubby as I should because that just makes me frustrated. Maybe I'll go eat some carrots. Lol.

xoxo,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment