Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Just Do It

Okay, so it turns out my mom and I were both a bit more sore than we expected yesterday morning, so we took the day off to prevent our eager selves from overdoing it. We did kill it today though. And are already noticeably more tender than Monday afternoon.

Because I tend to focus more on my lower-body when I exercise (I feel my legs are a lot stronger and have better endurance than my upper-body), today was almost entirely arm work. And the fact that my entire upper-body feels so heavy must mean something worked, right? Ugh. In addition to the arm work, I also did ab work, about 15 minutes on the elliptical, box jumps ( I LOVE box jumps), and some leg extension press thingies.




Any-hoo, I'm trying really hard to get some definition in my arms. This however is a struggle because the process makes my shoulders (my traps, primarily) super bulky. Do you see^^ what I mean? This picture is kinda awko-taco, but. I have thick, slope-y shoulders. And I have a feeling I can't do anything about them. Soooooo, I'm just gonna go with it, because embracing yourself is always a good idea. (P.S. If anyone knows how to minimize my shoulder-bulk, *please* let me know.  I will love you forever).
One reason I enjoy working out in the morning is because it keeps me from eating junk the rest of the day. When my body's a bit sore every time I get up to eat, I remember that I'm fueling my body, and that keeps me on the right track. I've noticed too that since I've been eating better, there's more of a visible difference (to me at least) in my thighs/quads than in my torso. But there is progress overall that I am happy to see. I love that when I eat well, my body feels better and tighter even if it doesn't look better.

Will either be back at the gym tomorrow or Friday depending on how much we're hurtin'. I'm planning on running whatever day we take off though, cause I still have to fit in some cardio.




No comments:

Post a Comment