Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I Want Ears to Hear



As I've grown up, I have learned a lot about prayer: how to pray, when to pray (always), what to pray etc. And as I've grown up, I have also gotten better about praying more and giving things (or trying to) to God, and expecting great things from the power of our prayer. I see God all the time, and see many answers to prayer.

I'm struggling when it comes to listening though.

Prayer is a conversation with God, and I always have a lot to say. I know He has answers and responses for me, but honestly, I don't know if I know how to hear Him. Aside from having or not having peace regarding my prayers, I'm not sure how to determine God speaking to me. I want so badly to have ears to hear God's voice, and to be able to know when He is guiding and instructing me to do something, but it seems like I don't know how to listen.

I feel like a lot of the time I pray for something, and then it either happens or doesn't, and that's my answer, and everything happened without my acting on it. Or, I feel that I may confuse what could be the Holy Spirit with my own thoughts and desires...?  Like, am I getting in my own way when it comes to conversing with God?

I know God speaks to us in many many ways, and I'm not expecting to hear the audible voice of God, but I'm discouraged because I feel like I need to listen better, but I don't really know how. I ask God to make things clear to me, to open and close doors so that I can't mistake false opportunities, and to give me peace or not regarding a situation, but I feel like that's where it stops.

How do you listen to God? How does He speak to you? I don't know how to approach this when I'm already seeking help from Him- how will I find the answer when I can't hear?

I'd appreciate any wisdom and insight, as well as prayers, because I really really don't want to follow my own desires before I follow God's, and I feel like I can't hear what He has to say.

xoxo,
Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment