Monday, January 4, 2016

We are God's Workmen




"Moses said to the Lord, 'O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.' The Lord said to him, 'Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.' But Moses said, 'O Lord, please send someone else to do it.' Then the Lord's anger burned against Moses and He said, 'What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you..."

I can hear God's sass now: "Who gives man the ability to speak?? ME. I can help you! But if you won't do it, I've already got someone else who can. Your brother can do a great job- don't worry."

Lol. But seriously guys, if we feel the need to question and avoid God's instructions, He will find an alternative way to fulfill His plans.

Moses practically argues with God about his ability to work as God's mouthpiece- he doubts God's place to use himself as the leader of this mission. Moses doesn't feel capable or qualified, and he asks God for someone else to do what God has asked. SO GOD USES HIS BROTHER instead.

When we avoid and question and refuse God's instruction and path for our lives- when we don't obey what He has called us to- He will find another way to make it happen. God doesn't need us! But He wants us!! He chooses us (!) to work on His behalf and to display His love and power. But if we refuse, He will find another way to make that happen. He is willing to help us and equip us (4:12) to handle the hard, intimidating, and scary things that He may ask us to do! But He can't force us- that is our free will and choice.

When God gives you opportunities to serve and lead for His glory, don't refuse! If He is instructing and leading you, don't doubt His plan and dismiss your ability. God chooses us, and HE equips us and grows us to meet needs and build His kingdom- why would we ever want to miss that chance?! That is not to say another opportunity won't be given to us- our God is a god of second chances- but I know I'd hate to miss any chance I had to reveal God's power , and shine His love and glory, to everyone around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment