Monday, February 22, 2016

My Main Squeeze

Hello everyone:)

Today is my mommy's birthday.

This lady is my very best friend. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She knows me better than anyone else in this world, and that is partly because I'm just like her. She and I have always be inseparable, and I hope that doesn't ever change.

This is my very favorite picture of us. 

Every since I was a little girl, I've loved my mom the most. I used to have bad separation anxiety whenever she'd try to do something on her own, because I wanted to be with her- I didn't like the thought of her doing things without me. In all my life, she's never talked to me like I was a kid, but always as an equal; I've always felt respected and important because of this attitude I was raised by. While my mom has always been my favorite person, it's only been in the last few years that I really considered her to be my best friend. She always was my best friend, but I didn't always recognize it. Now I do, and I want everyone to know (this is partly thanks to Gilmore Girls). I'm so thankful for her. I want everyone to know that my mom and I love each other, and I want everyone else to love their mom like I love mine.

If you've spent any amount of time with us, you know we're like the same person. And yet, there are certain things we just don't agree on (can't think of many). Even though I've always been like my mom, I still want to be like her as she changes.

My mom is a great example to me. Most importantly, she loves Jesus, and she's raised her babies to know about Him. I remember when I was young, during worship at church, mama's hands were always raised high, and I wanted to be just like that when I was praising Jesus.  I've recently gotten to the point where I'm comfortable with my hands up high too, and I'm glad that that image was never a foreign one to me.

My mama is also one tough cookie. Life has thrown her a lot of crap, and she never let it overcome her. While we all struggle with grief and healing sometimes, and while some seasons of life are longer and drier than others, my mom has always gotten through it with the help of our loving God. I've seen it work for her, and I strive to have that same trust and hope in my own heart.

Last year on her birthday:)

At Designed for Life 


Post-gym selfie ;)

We'd rather be watching Gilmore Girls. 

I always look forward to spending time doing nothing at home with my mom. Many of you know that it takes some convincing to get me to change my mental plans for the day if it requires leaving the house- because that's where I'm comfortable.  

I hope you all realize how big an impact my mom has in my life. I hope she knows that. Words can't express how much I love her, and will always need her (no matter how "grown-up" I become). 

Happy Birthday, mama. Don't ever forget how needed and loved you are. You're my favorite. <3

1 comment:

  1. What lovely words, Katie, about your dear Mom! And she loves you even more...if you can imagine that! :) God bless you both always. ~ Neva

    ReplyDelete